This Website is owned by The British Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies (“BSECS”) (a charity commission registered in England, Company No 299756) whose registered office is at c/o Charlotte Roberts, Hon. Treasurer, 44 Hurrell Road, Cambridge, CB4 3RH (“the Owner”) and published/hosted by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd (Company No. 641132), whose registered office and principal place of business is at The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8SQ, UK.
The entire content of the Website is protected by copyright (unless otherwise indicated). As a User, you have certain rights set forth below; all other rights are reserved.
Rules of Use
A. The following rules apply to all Users: You may download, view, copy and save to hard disk or diskette and store or print out single copies of individual items for your own personal and non-commercial use, scholarly, educational or scientific research or study. You may transmit to a third party, in hard copy or electronically, a single item from the Website for that party’s own personal and non-commercial use or scholarly, educational, or scientific research or study. In addition, you have the right to use, with appropriate credit, brief excerpts from the Website content in your own work for the above purposes.
B. Except as provided in Paragraph (A) above, you may not copy, distribute, transmit or otherwise reproduce material from the Website or systematically store such material in any form or media in a retrieval system; or print out multiple copies of any item for inclusion in packs; or transmit any material from the Website directly or indirectly, for use in any paid service or for use by any information brokerage or for systematic distribution of material, whether or not to another User and whether for commercial or non-profit use or for a fee or free of charge. For any uses other than those permitted by Paragraph (A), permission should be sought from the Permissions Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by written request to the address above.
In order to protect the integrity and attribution of the Website content, you agree not to remove or modify any copyright or proprietary notices, author attribution or disclaimer contained in the material or on any screen display, and not to integrate material from the Website with other material or otherwise create derivative works in any medium based on or including materials from the Website. This is not meant to prohibit the use of quotations from this Website for the purposes of comment, criticism or review in accordance with fair dealing law. Framing of the Website is prohibited. (If a link to the Website is directed to an area requiring registration, the link must be directed to the relevant registration page).
Finally, you may not do anything to restrict or inhibit any other User’s access to or use of the Website.
C. All trade marks, logos, get-up, product and company names are owned by the Owners or by third parties. No permission is given in respect of the use of any trade marks, logos, get-up, product or company names appearing on the Website where such use may infringe the holder’s rights.
D. If you refuse or fail to abide by these rules or violate any other terms or conditions of access, your access may be suspended or terminated immediately without notice, in addition to any other available remedies.
All charges associated with accessing the Website including any computer equipment, telephone lines, or access software are the sole responsibility of the User.
Alterations to the Site
Links to Third Party Sites
The Website may provide links to third party websites. Where such links exist, the Owners of the Website disclaim all responsibility and liability for the content of such third party websites. Users assume the sole responsibility for the accessing of third party websites and the use of any content appearing on such websites.
Whenever you make use of any feature (if any) that allows you to upload content to the Website, or to make contact with other users of the Website, that feature within the Website is intended to facilitate discussions in good faith on topics and issues in the Website’s subject field between Users and the editorial team. The views expressed are not necessarily shared by the Owners or any other person or entity involved in creating, producing or delivering the Website and no such party shall be held liable for any statements made or content posted by third parties.
In submitting content to the Website, Users agree that they may only provide content of which they are the author, and grant to the Owners and any other parties involved in delivery of the Website a royalty-free non-exclusive licence to publish such content via the Website, for as long as it wishes to do so.
- Users who post such contributions agree NOT to submit material which:
- you know or have reason to believe or suspect may be untrue or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, defamatory, contains malicious or negligent or false statements, is obscene, threatening, offensive, harmful or contains otherwise objectionable content (this includes text, graphics, sounds and links);
- has an obviously falsified author attribution or is from a source which has clearly falsified the origin or source of content that is submitted;
- is in part or in whole not entirely your own work without attributing those same portions to their correct source;
- is not in the English language;
- violates the legal rights of others – if the content contains or is based on third party material, the you warrant that you have obtained consent to use such material where such consent is necessary;
- contains within the text any personal information about third parties (for example, email address, telephone number or postal address) without their consent discriminates against others, racially, on grounds of gender or sexual orientation, religiously, in terms of age or disability or otherwise unfairly;
- is likely to contravene accepted ethical guidelines and practices, in particular guidelines which apply to the academic field of the website;
- breaches the Wiley Publication Ethics code available at: http://exchanges.wiley.com/publishing-ethics_252.html
- advertises, promotes or offers to sell any goods or services, unless otherwise agreed with the Owners;
- contributes content with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act or inciting inappropriate or unlawful behaviour;
- uses inappropriate (e.g. vulgar or offensive) user names;
- may contain viruses or that may damage the Owners’ or other users’ computers.
The Owners of the Website reserve the right to edit, remove or not to post in its sole discretion any material provided for posting on the Website. All comments, letters and discussion items will be attributed to the contributor in the form provided in the submission.
Warranty Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
- This Website and its content is provided on an ‘as is’ basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose or warranties as to accuracy or completeness;
- The use of the Website and any services provided is at the User’s own risk. Users should be aware that identifiable personal information, such as name or e-mail address, that is disclosed voluntarily on blogs that are accessible to other Users could be collected and disclosed by others and that no liability is accepted for such collection and disclosure;
- The Owners do not warrant that access to the Website by users will be uninterrupted or error free;
- No person or legal entity involved in creating, producing or delivering the Website shall be liable and liability is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by the law for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of the User’s use of or inability to use the Website or any materials or information in it;
- The User accepts and agrees that the information on the Website is intended as general information only. No person or legal entity involved in creating, producing or delivering the Website shall be liable for any loss or damage occasioned to any person or property through using the information contained in the Website, or acting or refraining from acting as a result of such use
- The Owners do not guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. Users are responsible for configuring information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access the Website and should use virus protection software.